Author(s): WANG Yanping, HU Yingfen, MA Yuping, ZHANG Yuanjie, LIU Qing
This experiment carried out a preliminary study on solid state fermentation of Bacillus natto peanut meal. Determination of the scavenging activities to hydroxyl free radical scavenging rate to determine its antioxidant activity. The optimal fermentation conditions were obtained by single factor and response surface methodology as follows：38.8 h of Fermentation time, 37 ℃ of fermentation temperature, material liquid ratio1:0.44, 6.48% of inoculation amount. Under this condition, the hydroxy free radical，iron reduction capacity and DPPH radical scavenging rate were87.3%、0.36（OD value) and 73.4%,respectively.
Peanut Meal, Bacillus Natto, Response Surface Methodology, Antioxidant Activity
- L.N. Yu, Q.L. Yang, S.L. Yu, J. Bi and C.S. Zhang: Science and Technology of Food Industry, (2010), 3,376-380 .
- Y.H. Zhang and Q. Wang: Transactions of the Chinese Society of Agricultural Engineering, (2007), 23, p. 258 .
- Chung, Y. C., Chang, C. T., Chao, W. W., Lin, C. F., & Chou, S. T. Antioxidant activity and safety of the 50% ethanolic extract from red bean fermented by Bacillus subtilis IMR-NK1. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, (2002), 50, 2454–2458.
- Steinkraus, K. H. Classification of fermented foods: worldwide review of household fermentation techniques. Food Control, (1997) ,8,311–317.
- Y.P. Zhu, J.F. Fan, Y.Q. Cheng, L.T. Li .Improvement of the antioxidant activity of Chinese traditional fermented okara (Meitauza) using Bacillus subtilis B2. Food Control, (2008), 19, 654–661.
- Amarowicz, R.; Naczk, M.; Shahidi, F. Antioxidant activity of various fractions of non-taninphenolics of canola hulls. J. Agric. Food Chem. (2000), 48, 2755–2759.
- Khantaphant, S.; Benjakul, S.; Ghomi, M.R. The effects of pretreatments on antioxidative activities of protein hydrolysate from the muscle of browns tripe red snapper (Lutjanusvitta).LWT Food Sci. Technol.( 2011), 44, 1139–1148.
- You, L.J.; Zhao, M.M.; Cui, C.; Zhao, H.F.; Yang, B. Effect of degree of hydrolysis on the antioxidant activity of loach (Misgurnusanguillicaudatus) protein hydrolysates. Innov.Food Sci. Emerg.(2009), 10, 235–240.
Cite this Article:
International Journal of Sciences is Open Access Journal.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
Author(s) retain the copyrights of this article, though, publication rights are with Alkhaer Publications.